Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 25 Day Off Eureka, CA

My bicycle is at Revolution Bicycle Repair in Arcata, CA a few miles north of Eureka.  I had a great breakfast this morning with two of the three Toms: geezer Tom and Turbo Tom. We ate at Ramones Cafe. I had a cup of coffee. I gave up coffee prior to the trip, since I did not know what access to coffee and coffee in Thailand, where I'll be going after the trip ends is not good. I also had orange juice, which made me really happy. We have not had any orange juice on this trip. The conversation and food was great. The geezer Tom is 70, the oldest rider on the trip. He lives outside of Denver. Turbo Tom, so named by Sarah D, is 63 and from Chicago. Sarah gave him this name last year, because he would not use sunscreen on his nose, which led to him developing a bright red nose. Sarah called it his turbo button.

After the leisurely breakfast we headed back to the church to see what the rest of the folks were up to. A number of folks have plans to go to see the new Batman movie. I'd like to go, but I need to wait to hear about my bike. It needs to be picked up by 6 PM. I chilled at the church the rest of the morning.

I joined the movie goers for lunch at Star Burger. Several people ate there yesterday afternoon. I had a hamburger, spinach salad and chocolate shake. The hamburger was good, but what made me most happy was the spinach salad. I was in deseparate need of greens. While at the lunch the bicycle repair shop called. The total cost of the repair $344.00.

The shop gave me a break on parts and labor, which I greatly appreciate. If you need a quality bicycle shop in and around Arcata, CA go to Revolution Bicycle Repair. Back on the bicycle tomorrow! Hooray. No more van unless I need it for health/fatigue reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment