Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 1 Santa Cruz to Carmel

Santa Cruz to Carmel 57.2 miles 4 hour and 30 minutes

A short ride today, which is good because tomorrow we have the longest ride of the trip 105 miles. I have been to Carmel once before, but not to the "in-land" part of Carmel.  I've been to Carmel by the Sea, which is beautiful.

The ride was uneventful and easy due to short distance.  Most of the ride was several miles in-land so I did not see much of the coast line today, which is a bummer.  Did not have the opportunity to do 17 mile drive or pass through Pebble Beach.

The only excitement I had was my chain fell off at a stop light near the end of the ride. Our host church today is an Episcopal congregation.  There was choir practice in one of the rooms.  The choir invited us to join them. I'm sure there are some good singers in our group, but I'm not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment