Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7 Reseda Free Day

It is 8 AM and already 78 degrees. I am hoping to see one of my friends from Heidelberg days.  Craig Beeker, the RA on my floor my freshmen year is a Lutheran pastor not too far away from here.  Very slow start to the morning. I slept in until 7:45 AM, that is the latest I have slept since July 10I .  It was nice to sleep in. 

I lounged around this morning.  Chatting with our riders and thinking about what me might do on our free day, recognizing that we don't want to do too much outside since it suppose to be hotter today than yesterday.

I was able to meet up with Craig. He drove over to Reseda from his church, which is  about 1/2 away with his 3 boys.  We had a wonderful timing catching up over lunch.  The last time I saw him was 1985 when he graduated from Heidelberg. He's been at his church for 19 1/2 years.  He has twin boys 15 and a 13 year old son.  All of them are in band and Craig's wife is a funeral director and avid horse person.  Craig is one of those special people in your life.  He made my freshmen year of college survivable and all these years later he remains a comforting warm soul.  It was a blessing to see him and meet his boys. 

A group of us are taking Allen out for dinner tonight.  We are a bit limited on our food selection since Allen is happiest eating hotdogs and beans, and we're in So. Cal where spicy food is the food of choice.  We may go bowling as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment