Monday, June 11, 2012

One month from today...

I'll be heading to the Seattle, Washington the city where my 1,650 mile bicycle ride begins.  The journey began long before I registered for the ride.  I should have rode my bike today, but my family, mom and stepfather, are in town for a couple of days. We went to Arlington National Cemetery. I had never been there.  It was hot, but moving.  We did not walk as much as I would have liked or probably need to do, but we did walk some.  On the way home from Arlington, VA we stopped in Buckeystown/Urbana, MD for lunch at Foster's Grille.  It was excellent, so much so that I ate way too much. I enjoyed an uber thick chocolate shake with my phillycheese steak and a basket of onion rings. Good thing I'm not trying to lose weight prior to my ride, just stay in shape.  Of course, my butt needs a lot more time in the saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment